Officials Policies – Rights of Officials
The health and safety of Officials at KENNARDS HIRE RALLY AUSTRALIA is of prime importance.
- Officials will receive the appropriate training and support to enable them to carry out their duties safely and efficiently.
- Officials will be appointed to a position appropriate to their level of competence and qualifications.
- Officials will be treated with respect, professionalism, dignity and courtesy at all times, particularly by other officials.
- Officials will have a clear line of management.
- Officials will be encouraged to participate in the debrief process and have their contributions heard and recorded.
Officials Policies – Code of Ethics
Officials of Kennards Hire Rally Australia will:
- Place safety and welfare above all else.
- Accept responsibility for all actions taken.
- Be impartial.
- Avoid any situation which may lead to a conflict of interest.
- Be courteous, respectful, and open to interaction.
- Seek continual improvement through training, performance appraisal, and regular updating of competencies.
- Be positive role models in behaviour and personal appearance.
- Maintain equal opportunity and harassment free sport practices.
Official Policies – Officials’ Commitments
The minimum ‘service’ requirement to qualify for free entry to spectator points and the officials after party is 2 days between the Thursday and Sunday of the event week.
Officials who can only commit to a single day will be placed on a stand-by list for that day, and will be allocated to fill vacancies close to the event. These vacancies may be in any category/area, and may not involve working near competitive vehicles.
Exceptions will be considered – people who live along a remote area of the course and are prepared to do a stage closure role for that stage are one possible example … any such exception MUST be applied for during the initial registration process.
Officials are not to consume any alcohol while on duty or at any breaks during the day.
To ensure good governance and duty of care, random alcohol breath testing may be conducted on competitors and officials participating in Kennards Hire Rally Australia as per the CAMS Policy and Procedures listed on the CAMS website HTTPS://WWW.CAMS.COM.AU/MOTOR-SPORT/SAFETY-INTEGRITY/ALCOHOL-TESTING-POLICY
The limit for officials is 0.01 – anyone found in excess of this while ‘on duty’ will be removed from duty and may face penalties imposed by the event and/or CAMS.
An individual will be issued with the following numbers of shirts, based on the number of days they are scheduled to work.
Scheduled Days Shirts
2 or 3 2
4 or more 3
All shirts issued to an official will be of the SAME SIZE. A wide range of shirt sizes will be available ranging from Extra Small to 7XL – Shirt size selection is to be made during the registration process.
Some specialist areas may receive an extra allocation depending on the requirements of their positions.
A choice of either a wide brimmed style hat or a visor cap will be available. Hat style selection is to be made during the registration process.
The after party is open to ALL accredited officials of the event on presentation of their hard-card at the door. This will be held in Coffs Harbour on Sunday evening from 6pm. Officials will receive one meal voucher and two drink vouchers on entry
Officials under the age of 18 years are welcome to attend the meal and presentations function but will need to leave the premises by 10:30pm.