ESAPEKKA Lappi will take a lead of just 0.1 seconds into the first full day of competition at Rally Guanajuato Mexico on Friday after topping the field in Thursday night’s opening city stage in Guanajuato.
Andreas Mikkelsen was second but in an extraordinarily tight contest Kris Meeke, Elfyn Evans, Thierry Neuville, Ott Tänak and Sébastien Ogier all recorded equal-third fastest times, 0.6 sec off the leader.
Suninen, Sordo and Latvala completed the top 10.
Earlier, 2017 Mexico winner Meeke topped the morning Shakedown, but championship leader stopped on the stage with an apparent electrica problem.
OUTRIGHT AFTER SS1:
1. E. LAPPI (CITROEN)
2. A. MIKKELSEN (HYUNDAI) +0.1
3. K. MEEKE (TOYOTA) +0.6
4. E. EVANS (M-SPORT FORD) +0.6
5. T. NEUVILLE (HYUNDAI) +0.6
6. O. TÄNAK (TOYOTA) +0.6
7. S. OGIER (CITROEN) +0.6
8. T. SUNINEN (M-SPORT FORD) +1.5
9. D. SORDO (HYUNDAI) +1.5
10. J. LATVALA (TOYOTA) +1.7
Latest posts by Chris Nixon (see all)
- ENTRIES CLOSING FOR NATIONAL EVENTS AT RALLY AUSTRALIA - October 24, 2019
- TÄNAK: I CAN WAIT FOR AUSTRALIA TO SEAL WORLD RALLY CHAMPIONSHIP - October 23, 2019
- D’BOYZOS SET TO REV UP THE RALLY WITH DRAGON - October 21, 2019