ESAPEKKA Lappi will take a lead of just 0.1 seconds into the first full day of competition at Rally Guanajuato Mexico on Friday after topping the field in Thursday night’s opening city stage in Guanajuato.
Andreas Mikkelsen was second but in an extraordinarily tight contest Kris Meeke, Elfyn Evans, Thierry Neuville, Ott Tänak and Sébastien Ogier all recorded equal-third fastest times, 0.6 sec off the leader.
Suninen, Sordo and Latvala completed the top 10.
Earlier, 2017 Mexico winner Meeke topped the morning Shakedown, but championship leader stopped on the stage with an apparent electrica problem.
OUTRIGHT AFTER SS1:
1. E. LAPPI (CITROEN)
2. A. MIKKELSEN (HYUNDAI) +0.1
3. K. MEEKE (TOYOTA) +0.6
4. E. EVANS (M-SPORT FORD) +0.6
5. T. NEUVILLE (HYUNDAI) +0.6
6. O. TÄNAK (TOYOTA) +0.6
7. S. OGIER (CITROEN) +0.6
8. T. SUNINEN (M-SPORT FORD) +1.5
9. D. SORDO (HYUNDAI) +1.5
10. J. LATVALA (TOYOTA) +1.7
Latest posts by Chris Nixon (see all)
- BOTTAS TESTS WRC TOYOTA – “JUST FOR FUN” - July 22, 2019
- INJURED EVANS TO MISS FINLAND - July 17, 2019
- TÄNAK WINS ESTONIA “TEST”; NOW FOR FINLAND SPEEDFEST - July 15, 2019