Watch Vodafone Rally de Portugal FREE at www.redbull.tv, or download the app for Apple or Android mobile devices –
• Sat 20 May, 7am AEST – Day 1 Highlights
• Sat 20 May 11.50pm AEST – Live special stage
• Sun 21 May, 7am AEST – Day 2 Highlights
• Mon 22 May, 7am AEST – Day 3 Highlights
(Or watch anytime later)
RED Bull TV features one of its most legendary guest reporters yet as two-time World Rally Champion Carlos Sainz joins the team for Vodafone Rally de Portugal on 16-21 May.
Rally Portugal is the event where Carlos made his WRC debut 30 years ago, winning his very first stage and igniting a stellar career. He also won there twice, putting him in a special position to talk about its varied challenges.
These challenges include technical gravel roads, changeable weather, soft surfaces and rocks that can catch drivers out in a fraction of a second. All combine to make Rally Portugal a WRC classic.
Sainz, known to many as simply ‘The King’, was a star in the golden era of rallying alongside other legends such as Colin McRae and Sebastien Loeb. He drove for top teams Toyota, Ford and Citroen.
The Spaniard continues to compete in Peugeot’s ‘Dream Team’ on the Dakar Rally, alongside his former sparring partner Sebastien Loeb, Dakar record-holder Stephane Peterhansel and Cyril Despres.
“I’m really looking forward to going back to Rally Portugal,” Sainz says.
“I think we’re going to have a lot of fun together with Red Bull TV host Mike Chen and the rest of the team and hopefully I’ll be able to show you a few special things as well.”
Latest posts by Chris Nixon (see all)
- NEUVILLE SURVIVES CHAOS TO CLINCH RALLY AUSTRALIA CROWN - November 19, 2017
- NEUVILLE IN CONTROL OF RALLY AUSTRALIA - November 18, 2017
- NEUVILLE BUILDS WORLD RALLY AUSTRALIA ADVANTAGE ON COFFS STAGES - November 18, 2017